The Office of Distributed Learning provides leadership for the development of innovative, coordinated, and scaled systemwide online and hybrid educational programs throughout the University of Minnesota system that increase access, equity, and meet workforce needs. We collaborate with faculty, instructional staff, and academic leaders to deepen connections across academic programs and campuses and explore new instructional modalities for existing curriculum.
Our team advances strategies, practices, and policies to strengthen academic program synergies while leveraging expertise throughout our system’s five campuses.
Our office helps...
- Coordinate new multi-campus online and hybrid programs
- Connect academic units with coordinated support and access to resources, both internal and external, for online program development and growth, including marketing, enrollment management, instructional design and development, student services, and faculty development
- Consult with the Office of Information Technologies on academic technology needs for online and hybrid course and program delivery
- Manage contracts with external vendors to provide services to support online and hybrid learning
- Provide guidance on policy development to further the development of online and hybrid learning opportunities
- Convene advisory and governance groups to help steer the strategic development of online and hybrid learning throughout the U of M System
- Partner with EVPP and other UMN senior leaders to advance strategies that complement systemwide and campus-specific enrollment planning
- Identify and remove barriers to cross-campus and interdisciplinary program development and delivery